Vietnamese noodle salad
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 200g dried rice-stick noodles
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 long red chilli, finely chopped
- 2 cups beansprouts, trimmed
- 3/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 3/4 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 1/4 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup roasted salted peanuts
- Fried onion, to serve (optional)
1. Place noodles in a large, heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand for 5 minutes or until tender. Drain. Rinse under cold water. Drain.
2. Combine lime juice, fish sauce, sugar and chilli in a bowl. Stir to dissolve sugar.
3. Combine noodles, beansprouts, mint, coriander, onion, peanuts and lime juice mixture in a bowl. Gently toss to combine. Serve topped with fried onion, if using.