Triple Choc Muffins
- 2 1/2 cups organic self-raising flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder, sifted
- 100g dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup white choc bits
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ½ peeled purple carrot, grated
- ¾ cup berries of your choice
1. Preheat oven to 190°C/170°C fan-forced. Line a 12-hole, 1/3 cup-capacity muffin pan with paper cases.
2. Combine flour, cocoa, dark chocolate, white choc bits and sugar in a bowl. Make a well in the centre. Add milk, vanilla oil and egg. Using a wooden spoon, stir until just combined. Fold in berries. Spoon mixture into paper cases.
3. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until browned and cooked through. Stand in pan for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Serve.
Notes: Don't over-mix muffins, or they can become tough and chewy. Freeze muffins in snap-lock bags for up to 2 months.