Marinated Chargrilled Capsicum
- 1.2kg red capsicum
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1/2 to 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup red-wine vinegar
1. Remove flesh, in thick slices, from capsicum stems. Remove any white pith and seeds.
2. Preheat a barbecue grill plate or chargrill on high heat. Place capsicum skin-side down and cook for 10 minutes or until skin is blackened.
3. Remove from barbecue and place into a sealed plastic bag for 5 minutes to steam. Remove from bag and peel or rub the blackened skin to remove.
4. Place soft capsicum flesh into clean sterilised jars with garlic. Combine oil, vinegar, and salt and pepper in a jug. Pour over capsicum to cover. Seal and store in the fridge for up to 6 months.
· Tip: Use in risottos, salads, sandwiches, lasagnes and pizzas.
· Note: Makes 4 x 1-cup capacity jars