Lemon Butter Tart
Dip into this best-rated lemon butter tart. Once you taste it, you'll see why it's come up trumps!
Preparation Time: 20 - 80 minutes Cooking Time: 5 minutes
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 200g plain sweet biscuits
- 125g unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tbs pure icing sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2-3 tbs jar lemon Butter
- 2 tbs mixed peel
- 100g (1/3 cup) lemon Butter
- 330g (1 1/4 cups) vanilla yoghurt
- 250g mascarpone
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated
1. Process the biscuits in a food processor until finely crushed. add butter, icing sugar, cinnamon and vanilla and process until combined. Use the back of a spoon to spread the biscuit mixture over the base and sides of a 2.5cm-deep, 11 x 34cm (base measurement) fluted tart tin, with removable base.
2. To make the filling, place the lemon butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Cook on high/800watts/100% for 30 seconds or until soft. Transfer to a large bowl. Add the yoghurt, mascarpone and lemon rind and whisk until smooth. Pour into the biscuit base. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 1 hour to chill.
3. Heat the lemon butter in a small microwave-safe bowl on high/800watts/100% for 30 seconds or until warm. Drizzle over the tart and top with mixed peel.
· Using mascarpone in this recipe means you don't have to fiddle with whipping cream.