Ice-Cream Sandwiches with Berries and Fudge
Ingredients (serves 8)
- 200g frozen mixed berries
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar mixture
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 16 butternut snap biscuits
- 8 scoops raspberry swirl ice-cream
· White chocolate and pistachio fudge
- 275g white chocolate, chopped
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 60g butter, chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pistachio kernels (optional)
1. Make fudge: Grease a 6cm-deep, 9cm x 19cm (base) loaf pan. Line with baking paper, allowing a 2cm overhang at long ends. Place chocolate, condensed milk and butter in a saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes or until melted and smooth. Remove from heat. Stir in pistachios. Spread mixture into prepared pan. Refrigerate for 3 hours or until set. Cut fudge into squares (see note).
2. Meanwhile, combine berries, sugar and orange juice in a small bowl. Cover. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
3. Arrange half the biscuits on a plate. Top each with a scoop of ice-cream. Sandwich with remaining biscuits. Serve with fudge and berry mixture.
· Cut fudge using a hot knife. Refrigerate leftover fudge in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
· Pistachios are optional. Can be substituted with other nuts.