Classic Potato Salad
· 600g potatoes, unpeeled
· 2 middle bacon rashers, rind removed, chopped
· 1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
· 3 hard-boiled eggs, chopped (see note)
· 1/2 cup whole-egg mayonnaise
· 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
3 green onions, thinly sliced
How to make
1. Cook potatoes in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water for 15 minutes or until tender. Drain. Cool. Peel and chop.
2. Meanwhile, heat a large nonstick frying pan over high heat. Add bacon and brown onion. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until onion has softened. Transfer to a large bowl. Add potato and egg. Combine mayonnaise and vinegar in a bowl. Add to potato mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
Serve topped with gherkins and green onion. Serve. To hard-boil eggs, place in a saucepan. Cover with cold water. Cover pan. Bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer for 7 minutes. Place under cold water for 1 minute. Set aside to cool before peeling.