Chargrilled zucchini and ricotta pizza
Preparation Time: 10 minutes Cooking: Time 30 minutes
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 1 large green zucchini, ends trimmed, sliced lengthways
- 1 large yellow zucchini, ends trimmed, sliced lengthways
- 1 tbs olive oil, plus extra for brushing
- 1/3 quantity pizza dough
- 70g (1/4 cup) green olive tapenade
- 100g (1 cup) grated mozzarella
- 250g fresh ricotta, crumbled
- 1/4 cup fresh rosemary sprigs
1. Preheat oven to 240°C. Preheat a chargrill pan on high. Brush the zucchini with half the oil and season with salt and pepper. Cook one-quarter of the zucchini for 1-2 minutes each side or until lightly browned. Transfer to a plate. Repeat in 3 more batches with remaining zucchini.
2. Brush a baking tray with oil. Roll out a dough portion on a lightly floured surface to a 25 x 35cm rectangle. Place on the prepared tray. Spread the tapenade evenly over the base. Sprinkle over the mozzarella. Arrange the zucchini slices, in a criss-cross pattern, over the base. Dot the ricotta randomly over the zucchini. Sprinkle with the rosemary and drizzle with the remaining oil. Season with pepper. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into wedges to serve
· Prepare this recipe to the end of step 1 up to 2 hours before serving. Continue from step 2 up to 30 minutes before serving.
· You can easily substitute the pizza dough for a Turkish/Foccacia slab.