Carrots with mint couscous
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 600g heirloom carrots (about 2 bunches), trimmed and scrubbed
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 3/4 cup couscous
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 bunch mint, roughly chopped, plus a few leaves reserved to garnish
- 200g Greek feta, crumbled
- Pomegranate molasses, to drizzle
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Toss the carrots in a bowl with the garlic, half the oil and the chilli flakes and season. Place in a lined roasting tin and bake for 25 minutes or until just tender. Remove and leave to cool slightly.
3. Meanwhile, place the couscous in a bowl. Cover with 2/3 cup boiling water and 1/2 teaspoon salt and cover with plastic wrap. Set aside for about 10 minutes, then season and fluff with a fork.
4. In a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice and remaining 2 tablespoons oil until combined. Add the chopped mint to the couscous with the lemon dressing and carrots, and gently toss. Transfer to a platter. Scatter with feta and drizzle with pomegranate molasses.