Recipes ideas for Vegetables
- Olive oil, to grease
- 2 (about 300g) carrots
- 1 cup (150g) self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup (75g) plain flour
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 cup (80g) brown sugar
3/4 cup (185ml) oil
1/2 cup (125ml) golden syrup
1 tsp vanilla essence
250g spreadable cream cheese
1/2 cup (80g) icing sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
How to make
1. Preheat oven to 170°C. Grease a 20cm (base) round
cake pan lightly with oil, and line with non-stick baking
paper. Peel and grate the carrots, and set aside. Sift the
flours, bicarbonate of soda and cinnamon into a large bowl.
2. Put the brown sugar, oil, golden syrup, eggs and vanilla in a separate bowl. Use a balloon whisk to mix until combined.
3. Pour the oil mixture into the dry ingredients. Use a wooden spoon to stir gently until just combined. Stir in the grated carrot.
4. Pour the mixture into the pan and bake for 1 hour. Set aside for 5 minutes, before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
5. To make the icing, place the cream cheese, icing sugar and vanilla in a bowl. Use a wooden spoon to mix until well combined.
Spread the icing over the cake.