Brown rice roast pumpkin and seed salad
Ingredients (serves 6)
- Olive oil spray, to grease
- 1kg kent pumpkin, peeled, deseeded, cut into 2-3cm pieces
- 400g (2 cups) long-grain brown rice
- 60g (1/3 cup) pepitas (pumpkin seed kernels)
- 55g (1/3 cup) sunflower seed kernels
- 80ml (1/3 cup) fresh lime juice
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 1/4 tsp brown sugar
- 1 bunch rocket, washed, trimmed, leaves torn
1. Preheat oven to 200°C. Spray a large baking tray with olive oil to lightly grease. Arrange the pumpkin, in a single layer, on the prepared tray and spray lightly with olive oil. Bake in preheated oven, turning halfway through cooking, for 30 minutes or until light brown and tender. Remove from oven and set aside for 15 minutes to cool to room temperature.
2. Meanwhile: cook the rice in a large saucepan of boiling water for 30 minutes or until tender (do not overcook). Drain in a large colander and set aside for 30 minutes to cool to room temperature.
3. Reduce oven temperature to 180°C. Spread the pepitas and sunflower seed kernels over a large baking tray. Bake in oven, stirring halfway through cooking, for 5 minutes or until lightly toasted. Remove from oven and set aside to cool slightly.
4. Combine the lime juice, soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic and sugar in a small jug. Place the rice in a large bowl. Drizzle with lime-juice mixture and use a large metal spoon to gently stir until well combined. Add the rocket, pumpkin, pepitas and sunflower seed kernels to the rice mixture and gently stir until well combined. Spoon salad among serving plates and serve immediately.