Braised Swede and Leek
Braised leeks and swede are delicious accompaniments to roast lamb or pork.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 (550g) swede, peeled, cut into thin wedges
- 1 leek, trimmed, halved, washed, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
1. Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced. Bring stock to the boil in a saucepan over high heat.
2. Arrange swede and leek in a single layer in a 5.5cm-deep, 15cm x 25cm baking dish. Add stock. Cover. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove cover. Bake for 30 minutes or until swede is tender. Season with pepper. Top with parsley. Serve.
Notes: Serve with roast lamb or roast pork.