BBQ corn with chilli-herb butter
Spice up sweet corn on the cob with a good dollop of chilli-herb butter.
Preparation Time: 10 - 35 minutes Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 6 corncobs, husks and silk removed
- 125g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh continental parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 long fresh red chilli, halved, deseeded, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbs olive oil
1. Cook the corn in a saucepan of boiling water for 10 minutes or until tender. Drain. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool.
2. Combine butter, coriander, parsley, chilli, garlic, cumin and cayenne pepper in a bowl. Spoon along the centre of a piece of baking paper to form a log. Roll up and twist the ends to secure. Place in the fridge for 20 minutes or until firm.
3. Preheat a barbecue grill or chargrill on high. Halve corncobs lengthways. Brush with oil. Cook on grill, turning, for 10 minutes.
4. Thinly slice the chilli-herb butter crossways. Place the corn in a serving dish. Top with the chilli-herb butter slices to serve.
· Make it ahead: Prepare to end of step 2 up to 1 day ahead. Store corn in an airtight container in the fridge. Continue from step 3 just before serving.