Banana and Blueberry Muffins
Fancy a little baking. You won't be disappointed with these banana and blueberry muffins.
- 2 cups organic self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup rolled oats
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 200g tub natural yoghurt
- 80g polyunsaturated margarine, melted, cooled
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 medium green apple, peeled, grated
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 190°C/170°C fan-forced. Line twelve 1/3 cup-capacity non-stick muffin holes with large paper cases. Sift flour, nutmeg and cinnamon into a bowl. Stir in 1/2 cup rolled oats. Make a well in the centre.
2. Add eggs, yoghurt, margarine, vanilla, banana, apple and honey. Stir to just combine. Fold in blueberries. Divide mixture between paper cases. Sprinkle tops with remaining rolled oats. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden and a skewer inserted into 1 muffin comes out clean.
3. Remove muffins to a wire rack to cool. Wrap muffins in plastic wrap and pack in lunchboxes. Alternatively, place in snap-lock bags and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw in fridge overnight before serving.