Avocado and Potato Salad
Serve this food fight-winning potato salad with grilled or pan-fried fish for a delicious Friday night dinner.
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 150g small green beans, trimmed
- 150g small butter beans, trimmed
- 800g kipfler potatoes, scrubbed
- 100g sliced pancetta
- 2 avocados, halved, stones removed, peeled, sliced
- 1/3 cup whole-egg mayonnaise
- 1 large lime, rind finely grated, juiced
- 1/3 cup dill sprigs
1. Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil over high heat. Add green beans and butter beans. Cook for 3 minutes or until bright green and tender. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a colander and refresh under cold water. Pat dry with paper towel. Return water to the boil.
2. Add potatoes to saucepan and cook for 12 minutes or until just tender. Drain and set aside to cool slightly. Cut in half lengthways.
3. Preheat grill on high heat. Place pancetta on a baking tray and grill for 5 minutes or until crisp. Drain on paper towel. Tear into small pieces.
4. Arrange beans, potatoes, pancetta and avocado on a platter. Combine mayonnaise, lime rind and 1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice in a bowl. Pour dressing over salad. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle over dill. Serve with pan-fried, grilled or barbecued fish.