Apple Walnut And Radicchio Salad
A bittersweet salad of ruby-red radicchio and crisp green apples livens up tastebuds and the table.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes Cooking Time: 5 minutes
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 50g (1/2 cup) walnuts
- 1 tbs Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tbs white wine vinegar
- 80ml (1/3 cup) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 radicchio, trimmed, finely shredded
- 2 granny smith apples, quartered, cored, thinly sliced
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
1. Preheat oven to 180C. Place walnuts on an oven tray and roast for 5 minutes or until brown.
2. To make dressing, place mustard and vinegar in a small bowl, season with salt and pepper, and whisk to combine. Gradually whisk in oil until incorporated.
3. Place radicchio, apples, onions and walnuts in a large bowl. Add dressing and toss to combine.