Bacon and Egg Pizza Tarts
Here's a delicious twist on a family favourite - classic bacon and eggs with melted cheese and tomato on a delightful puff pastry base!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 4 sheets puff pastry, partially thawed
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 2 cups pizza mix grated cheese
- 4 rindless shortcut bacon rashers, chopped
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 8 eggs
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- Small basil leaves, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced. Grease 2 large oven trays.
2. Cut a 20cm round from each pastry sheet. Using a small knife, cut a 1cm border around pastry, being careful not to cut the whole way through. Place rounds on prepared trays.
3. Spread inside circle of each round with 1 1/2 tablespoons pizza sauce. Sprinkle each with 2 tablespoons cheese. Top with bacon. Spray border with oil. Bake for 15 minutes, swapping trays halfway, or until sides have puffed.
4. Crack 2 eggs onto each round. Top with tomatoes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, swapping trays halfway during cooking, or until egg whites have set and cheese is golden. Sprinkle with basil. Serve.
· Variation: You could use 500g shaved ham, chopped, instead of bacon, and barbecue sauce instead of pizza sauce.