Asparagus Haloumi and Zucchini salad
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 2 bunches asparagus, trimmed
- 2 zucchini, shaved into thin ribbons
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 250g haloumi, drained and sliced
- 70g baby rocket
- 50g semi-dried tomatoes, finely chopped, oil reserved
- salt and cracked black pepper
- lemon wedges, to serve
1. Blanch the asparagus and zucchini ribbons separately in boiling water for 2 minutes until tender and bright in colour. Remove, drain on paper towel and set aside.
2. Heat half the oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium high heat. Add the haloumi slices and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden and crisp on the outside. Remove and keep warm.
3. Mix the remaining olive oil with 2 tablespoons of the reserved semi-dried tomato oil, and stir through chopped semi dried tomatoes, salt and pepper.
4. To serve, arrange asparagus and zucchini with rocket and top with haloumi. Drizzle with tomato dressing and a squeeze of lemon juice